Peer Review

 The first person I reviewed our Flim was Leila Jean Charles. We may remember this name as she was in our music video playing the friend of Chatae Taylor. She loved it and said my acting was really good. 

Then I asked my Godsisters to watch it and tell me what they thought the movie would be about by watching the film to make sure it's clear what our pitch is. They weren't sure but said they thought it was a dead sister coming back to haunt them. That is about right, which means Kaydiane and I are on the right track as of now. I then asked for some crique and they told me its good but the part where Keron said didn't your sister die around that time was too quiet. I will talk to Kaydiane and well will add that in the reshoot. 

Then I asked my classmate Sophia and she said Chatae standing outside scared her. That made me happy to hear because that's exactly why I wanted her standing in the background in the beginning and someone actually noticed. She really likes the editing in the beginning. Something she said she should change is the random click sound when Chrsitel is opening her gifts which I haven't even noticed so I'm happy she brought that up. She noticed it was supposed to be a thriller movie which I'm proud of I wasn't sure if people were going to be able to tell. But she also warned us that our video is a little over 2 minutes so we do need to do some editing to get it done on time. 

The last person was Zoe Reyes also in my class. She thought the genre was a mystery. She said she would've done less fluff like less time playing uno and giving gifts to add more mystery. Her reasoning was sin the beginning it seemed normal but the mystery came out in the last seconds. That is what we were going for since this is the start of a film and not the whole thing but I understand what she is saying. She liked the use of the over-the-shoulder shot we used at the beginning of the film and she likes that it doesn't seem forced. 

A negative she had that many of the ppl who peer review our movie was you can't hear the actors so when Kaydiane and I edit we will increase the volume of our actors so they can be heard more. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog